The best concert I've been to


(Taken by me)

One of most memorable experiences I've had in my life is definitely when I went to Lollapalooza Chile 2016, because even if when I liked a lot of the artists that where on the line-up (I'm thankfull for that because it made the expensive ticket really worth of all the money I paid), there was only one that mattered to me more than any other: Eminem. He's an american rapper and I'm pretty sure everyone knows who he is (that includes my 60 year old father), especially since he's probably the best rapper out of all the white exponents this genre has. And to think that he actually played a show in this country, and that I was there to see it still feels unreal to me to this day.

So, I bought the pass for the two days in August, the same day the ticket got started, just because I was almost convinced that Eminem was finally going to come and two months later, in October, the lineup was announced and he was confirmed as the headliner of the fist day that fell on a Saturday, 19th March. I had been waiting for that moment since I was seven years old and I honestly never thought he was going to come to this country, so I was hopeless about it and thought that maybe, after saving a lot of money, I would have to go and "follow him" to a country where he would play, just so I could be able to see him. But I'm glad that wasn't necessary.

The day finally came and there I was, since 7 am (when I waited in the line outside the O'Higgins Park to enter the venue), approx. at 10 am I was standing in front of the scerary where I was going to play hours later, trying to make my way to the front row, without any water to drink or food because I did not want to lose my place. When the time of his presentation came, there were about 70 thousand people in the crowd and I still can not believe I made it to the second row, right in the middle of the scenary! The show was absolutely mind-blowing and I coulnd't believe he was actually in front of me, since he's one of the most important people in my life because i grew up listening to his music, and of course I "sang" every song knowing the words by heart because of that! He played 33 songs for us, making that setlist the biggest out of all of the concerts i've even attended and a experience i'll never forget.

Along with Eminem, the other artists i wanted to see were twenty one pilots, brandon flowers, Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, Die Antwoord, Tame Impala and Halsey, but I couldn't see Halsey's stage because her show was the same day as Eminem and it didn't coincide with the stage where he was going to play, and since I was planning to be there all day I had to sacrifice her show of a greater purpose. I also ended up liking two bands I knew nothing about before the festival, but that i really enjoyed during their set: Eagles Of Death Metal and Jungle, they both played at the same stage of Eminem so they definitely made the wait not-so eternal. 
i'll leave this short video here in case anyone wants to see what i was seeing!

Comentarios

  1. That's really cool! I love Eminem, and also Die Antwoord. I'm glad you had that experience, you're very luchy :)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Still not over the fact that you went on second row and you didn't die

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I was also, but the sunday so I dont see to Eminem but see to Die Antwoord. It was amazing.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I have always want to go to Lollapalooza, they always presents amazing artists!, but the tickets are too expensive and I think it's not worth paying just to see one singer :(

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I have never been to lollapalooza because I find it very expensive :( but sometime I will, I hope to have a very good experience just like you, I'm glad you could see your idol <3

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Best Movie Genre

A country I would like to visit